The CanGames Organization Board of Directors requires that personal information collected by or on behalf of CanGames be used only in accordance with this policy. For the purposes of this policy, the term “CanGames” when used without further qualifiers is to be given its broadest reasonable meaning and will include the Corporation and an Organizing Committee. Collection by CanGames means collection by any member of the Corporation, any member of an Organizing Committee or by any staff or volunteer working for the Corporation, for the Organizing Committee, or at Convention.
Application of this Policy
- Any person who collects personal information for or on behalf of CanGames must review this policy prior to collecting such personal information and agrees to be bound by this policy.
- The obligations under this policy survive a person’s association with CanGames.
- Personal information obtained from a public source is exempted from this policy.
General Guidelines on Personal Information
- Personal information collected by or on behalf of CanGames becomes property of CanGames Organization.
- Information collected by CanGames is to be used only for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected.
- CanGames may collect personal information in order to effectively communicate with a person and demographic information in order to tailor communications with a person, and to understand and improve services to the gaming community as a whole.
- The purpose or purposes for which personal information is collected shall be determined and recorded prior to any personal information being collected.
- CanGames will not collect personal information for any commercial purpose.
- CanGames will remove a person’s personal information from its records on written request of that person.
Care and Control of Personal Information
- CanGames will take reasonable precautions to safeguard personal information and avoid it becoming known or available to third parties.
- Personal information is to be stored on Corporate and Organizing Committee devices only, in a limited number of copies (primary storage and backup) as determined by the purpose or purposes for which the information was collected.
- Personal information may be kept in more than one database, if provided to CanGames for more than one purpose (e.g. attendee mailing list and GM contact information).
- Personal information in a CanGames database is not to be accessed or used for a private purpose.
- CanGames will dispose of personal information when its purpose or purposes have been served.
- CanGames may release personal information where required to do so by law.
- CanGames may release a person’s personal information where permitted to do so by that person.
- Attendees wishing to contact other attendees may request another person’s contact information from CanGames; with the requestor’s permission, CanGames may provide the requestor’s contact information to the person the requestor was attempting to contact. CanGames will not provide the other person’s personal information to the requestor.
- Images of a person are considered to be personal information for the purposes of this policy.
Information Relating to a Person Under 18 Years Old
- If CanGames has reason to believe a person is under the age of 18 years, it will not release that person’s personal information unless required to do so by law, and will accept a request under section 9 made by that person or by that person’s parent or legal guardian.
CanGames will collect personal information such as your name and contact information in order to effectively communicate with you, and may request additional personal information (such as demographic information collected by survey) in order to tailor services to you and/or to understand and improve services to the gaming community as a whole. CanGames will not make your personal information available to any third party without your express permission, and will not use your personal information for any commercial purpose.
Approved the 18th day of February, 2015.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, Paypal information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We may also use anonymized order information to inform planning for future events.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of thirteen (13).
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.